Information document in compliance with Legislative Decree no. 196 dtd 30 June 2003, art. 13 - Personal Data Protection Code
With regard to your personal data collected by Berlitz Language Centers S.r.l. ("Berlitz" hereinafter) at the time of your enrollment and with regard to the data you will provide or that will be produced during the carrying out of the didactic program, we inform you of that:
1) Berlitz shall process your personal data - also with the help of electronic means - in order to duly carry out the obligations arising from the contract existing with you. Should you request to interrupt or suspend the data processing, we shall not be able to carry out the didactic program.
2) Your personal date may also be processed, during or after completing your language course, to be used for eventual promotional activities sending electronic and/or paper communications as well as performing market surveys and researches.
Your personal data may be transmitted to companies which Berlitz has entrusted or will entrust to carry out the above said promotional activities and/or market surveys and researches.
3) In accordance with art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196 dtd 30 June 2003, you shall have the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
- erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- certification to the effect that the operations mentioned above have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
4) In accordance with art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196 dtd 30 June 2003, you shall have the right to object, in whole or in part, on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection.
5) The data controller is Berlitz Language Centers S.r.l.
Authorization to personal data processing
After having taken note of the above information, in compliance with Legislative Decree no. 196 dtd 30 June 2003, art 23,I authorizethe processing, as mentioned in paragraph 2) of this document and within the limits set by it, of the personal data I have provided and of that I will provide or that will be produced during the didactic program carried out by Berlitz Language Centers S.r.l.
As we want to protect your privacy, we make sure that your personal details are handled securely and confidentially. We are notifying you about our data protection regulations, so that you know exactly what data we collect and forward where required.
Website tracking and cookies
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies", text files, which are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyse use of the website through your computer. The information produced by the cookie concerning your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google servers in the United States and stored there. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports concerning the website activities for the website operators, and to render additional services linked with the use of the website and the Internet. However, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()". This causes all IP addresses to be stored in abbreviated form which thus rules out direct personal reference in connection with the stored data. Google transfers this information to third parties as applicable, insofar as this is required by law or third parties are to process this data for Google. You can prevent storage of data by setting your browser software so that cookies cannot be installed; however we draw your attention to the fact that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
You can also prevent collection of data by installing the deactivation add-on for browsers of Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
What information do we request?
The type of information that we request depends on how you use the Berlitz web pages.
- When submitting a form, we require your last name, first name and your email address in order to respond to your inquiry. All the information that you provide is stored on our server.
- We also store information about your use of the Berlitz web pages for analysis purposes, so that we can optimize the service on our web pages for you.
How do we use your information?
We use your information as follows:
- To respond to your inquiries
- To optimize our web pages
- To be able to forward emails about programs and campaigns to our customers
Is your information secure?
Berlitz guarantees that the information is secure. Berlitz uses the appropriate technical, electronic and organizational procedures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Berlitz web pages. If you use a browser that supports data encryption or use our online forms, your personal information is protected. To guarantee that your information is secure during transfer, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to transfer your information in an encrypted format.
How do we protect children's privacy?
Berlitz does not sell any products or services to children. Berlitz sells products and services for children to parents. If you are under the age of 18, you may only acquire our products and services with the permission of a parent or guardian.
Forwarding your personal data
Your personal data is only forwarded with your express consent.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions regarding these regulations or would like to send us your comments, you can contact us at:
Berlitz Language Centers Srl
via Tuscolana 713
Tel: +39 06 76 96 42 33
Fax: +39 06 76 96 42 34
Partita IVA: 01727721001